Music Banter - View Single Post - MB: An Empire in Turmoil --- The Next Generation
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Name: Roxy
Position: Princess of Hell
Age: Indeterminate (and don't be impertinent, asking a lady her age!)
First Appearance: Fever!
Last Appearance: Come Down and See Me Sometime...

It was halfway into season six when this little firebrand appeared on our screens, but was it worth the wait! Originally introduced as nothing more than a love interest in Goofle's life, it was revealed at the end of the season that she was in fact a Hellian, a Princess of the Dark who had been sent by Satan himself to track down and eliminate the insolent Batlord, who was posing as Him. Initially repulsed by Batty, and eager to carry out her orders, Roxy soon fell for him and for the next season and a half we were witness to a smouldering romance that resulted in a shift to a later timeslot after numerous letters of disapproval and the threat of withdrawal by several advertisers.

With the power of a dozen ninjas (I said N-I-N-J-A-s!) and a body to kill and die for, Roxy was the perfect foil for The Batlord and together they raised the ratings (as well as other things, if the fan forum is to be believed!) and created their own little piece of history with the first ever televised kiss in Hell. As Roxy prepared to face the music for having not located and destroyed the Batlord, he gallantly agreed to turn himself in .... only to shock viewers at the end of season eight when he grinned, spoke those immortal words “Later, bitch!” and fled back to the Surface, leaving her to Satan's tender mercies.

As Roxy's fate was never officially confirmed, and as she is after all immortal, speculation has been rife that she may return to the series in the future. Trollheart will not be drawn, simply replying when asked (and he is often asked) the question with an enigmatic “We'll see. Anything can happen. I'm not saying it will happen, but it can.”