Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 03:55 AM   #400 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Fuck yeeeeeaaaaaah!

Loved it. But there are plenty of lighthearted comedy mags in the same vein out right now, so it might have trouble standing out. The story carries off right where the latest She Hulk series ended, in which Patsy was Jen's investigator, and I think they might have been better off keeping the personality and tone that she had in that series. You know, funny and optimistic, but also somewhat depressed and worn down by all the shit she's been through. The current Patsy is a ridiculous ball of energy that occasionally goes into chibi-mode. Reminds me of her "Cheese and crackers!" glory days of constant quips ("This'll be a cat-astrophe for me!").

Also, the art is perfect for the tone. It's like Marvel mashed with Archie Comics, with some anime thrown in the mix. It just kinda works. Anyway, even though lighthearted comedy is kinda Hellcat's signature thing, after her last few cameos and short series' (especially that super goofy one where she goes to Alaska) I think she's overdo for some comics with a serious tone, and just a splash of comedy. You know, a badass series with a unique story, one that explores and defines everything that the character is and has been through, something that'd help drag her out of her relative obscurity. Because right now, even though I think this latest series is cream so far, I can understand where people are coming from when they say that the creator's are going for that sweet, sweet Squirrel Girl money.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote