Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 2015 Music Banter Album of the Year List
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #102 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Album: Perpetual Motion People
Artist: Ezra Furman
Release Date: July 6th 2015
Genre: Indie Rock, Singer Songwriter
Place in Artist's Discography: 3rd LP
Highest Individual List Ranking: 3rd - Mordwyr

Overall Points - 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Makes me remember how excited I was the first time I heard of Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
This one blew me away.

Album: Success
Artist: KEN Mode
Release Date: June 15th 2015
Genre: Post-Hardcore, Sludge
Place in Artist's Discography: 6th LP
Highest Individual List Ranking: 1st - Tristan Geoff

Overall Points - 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
First track in and this piece of sludge infused noise rock is bringing me pure joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
I love how the artwork conveys what the record sounds like. I couldn't imagine this album being a twee pop record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post

Cool work with fuzzy production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
KEN mode is amazing and I'm ashamed to have forgotten about Success when I first wrote the list. Definitely my favorite from 2015. If you aren't familiar, they sound a lot like Shellac meets Acid Bath.
Quote:
It's like Slint, Bear Vs. Shark and Self Defense Family had some sort of weird, distorted and messy baby.
The term 'sludgy' is being thrown around a lot by people I've seen talking about this album and although I haven't the faintest clue what being sludgy musically entails, it seems an appropriate adjective to use.

Sounds like it was recorded in a basement with ear piercing guitars, some low fi fuzz, shouted male and female vocals and a general grotty dirty demeanor. The album cover portrays the sound better than my words will.
- Mankycaaant

Album: Dasvidaniya
Artist: Stabbed in Back
Release Date: March 31st 2015
Genre: Skate Punk, Obscure
Place in Artist's Discography: Honestly, I have no idea.
Highest Individual List Ranking: 2nd - Fred Hale Sr.

Overall Points - 21

Quote:
The Stabbed in Back record is without a doubt the best skate punk record to come out since the genre's last popularity surge in the mid 2000's. Really solid, and the band have a great sound you don't hear often in punk. Also, drumming along with this record is an impossibility, as is most skate punk. This one in particular goes to extremes, however.
- Tristan Geoff

Okay, got very little on the Stabbed in Back and Ezra Furman records, what did people make of them?
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote