Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm going on a solo trip in the Spring
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:09 AM   #89 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I've read somewhere there wasn't a reported case of a any one being killed by a meteor. I looked it up online. According to the National History Museum in London "there have been no recorded deaths due to a meteorite fall." Just how many humans have space rocks killed, anyway? - SciGuy
I'm not sure of NHM stance on the 1490 Ch'ing-yang event, whether they recognize it or not.

In my opinion, I see that Alan W. Harris is making an apple to orange comparison. He is using probability of a future event i.e. asteroid colliding with Earth and comparing that to odds based on stats of actual historical events. Since 1970 there have been 4,000 deaths do to terrorism, compared to zero deaths from asteroids.
^ Haha! Thank you for that correction Neapolitan ! They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and you´ve demonstrated how a lazy piece of click and paste "investigation" may be worthless. I´m shocked and disappointed that something I read on a website turns out to be misleading

PS. I´ve never heard of a National History Museum - I wonder if you meant the Natural History Museum. That´s housed in one of London´s most beautiful buildings and returning to topic, is a place I´d recommend to Exo.

^ This pic shows just half of the main facade with a petrified tree in the foreground.

^ Inside, the Victorians constructed a kind of Church Of Knowledge. The little animal detail is just one of hundreds of anatomically correct creatures that decorate this vast building, inside and out.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 12-28-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote