Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas 2015
Thread: Christmas 2015
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #219 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Been busy as **** lately, but this week should be a bit of a break for me. I had 3 Xmas parties to hit this year, and 2 of them were a good 1-2 hours away, and of course I had to drive everybody. The x-GF's family party was insane. The main family of 4 girls and 3 boys, who all but one have children and grandchildren, so that's approximately 40 people to buy for right there. Crazy. Good thing the x-GF shops for me for all of them. I had our work party, then went to my Dad's for Christmas Day. Lot's a great food, and plenty of good beer and wine, and I played a little Xmas medley on my Ukulele for everyone.

Daughter - Android Tablet, a Bluetooth Speaker Tower, and covered her bills for one month (about $500).

X-GF - New Vacuum (she actually wanted this). She told me she had never had a brand new one before, so this was a bit special for her. *shrug*

Dad - Digital Drawing Tablet. He used to be big into painting murals and such, but hasn't really done any sort of creating in a while. I'm hoping this sparks a new interest in digital creations.

Step-Mom
- A Kindle. She was almost in tears. All her friends have them, but since she never buys things for herself, she never thought about getting one herself.

As for what I got, here's the haul:
  • Martin Backpacker guitar (my daughter got me this, bless her heart)
  • Christmas Carols for Ukulele chord book (the sheet of paper is an email notifying that the actual Black Sabbath for Ukulele chord book is still in processing)
  • Dunlop System 65 Guitar Maintenance Kit (never used any of this, we'll see)
  • Fender Custom Shop Calendar (incredible eye candy)
  • Metal Guitar Man (well, of course)
  • Boss DD-3 (I actually wanted one of these)

I'm just glad things can get back to normal now.