Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #381 (permalink)
chopinisawesome
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Whether or not; god existed; I would never worship him; because; I would not see another man or woman burn; for all of eternity; no matter what; it is cruel; and a fear tactic; no loving god would endorse; only a human; with the wrong perspective; and the need for control
I am not a Christian myself, but I do know a few things about the Bible. The whole "If God is love, how can he condemn people to Hell" thing is basically answered by this, I think: Christians believe that God is a loving God, but he is also a just God. He is holy and can't be with sin, so he has to throw sinners down to Hell... unless they accept Jesus's sacrifice. In which case they become Christians and are forgiven and allowed into heaven.

At least, that's the idea. I wouldn't say to rule out the existence of God; it's unscientific. Saying that you will accept anything but a supernatural creator as a scientific idea is unscientific. Basically, that just means, "I'll accept every possibility... except that one." A scientist considers all possibilities, not just certain ones they like or that seem to make sense at first glance.
chopinisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote