Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #396 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
That still sounds like an agnostic to me.

Im not gonna refute you guys though, what you are saying makes sense. maybe batty is right, i choose to be defined as an agnostic because i don't like being defined as an atheist because that term feels too definitive.
It's only as definitive as you make it. It's not like you're going to go from agnostic to hardcore Evangelical anymore than a "proud" atheist is going to. And you probably don't expect evidence for the existence of god anymore than we do. Society has just taught you that atheists are bad and/or closed minded people, so you are uncomfortable with the label.

It's not like it matters though, cause whether or not you identify with the label, it won't change your belief (unless you're a sheep, in which case you'll conform your opinions to fit with your label).
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote