Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #147 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What you think of as music is foolish then. It being hard to review and it being music are pretty different things. The name change was because it's different from the rest of my solo records in that it's all acoustic and that it's consistent genre wise all the way through. Also, check my edit.
Well it's hardly your place to tell me what I should and shouldn't think of as music. That's my own taste, and if someone loves grindcore but I don't consider it music, it doesn't make it not be music. But just the same, it doesn't make me think of it as music. I'm entitled to my opinion, which is what you get here. If it doesn't suit you, then that's not my problem. Come on: you knew this when you threw your album my way. I've hated everything else you did, so the odds were stacked against you. I understand you don't like it, but that doesn't invalidate it as my opinion. And I will continue to consider music as being something I find pleasurable, or that moves me in some way. Merzbow? Still not music to me, and you can tell me it is till you're blue in the face, but it won't change my perception of it.

And ... seconds out for round two. As expected. Why can't you just accept that I hate, and always will hate, your music, and just leave it at that? Why do you have to keep telling me my viewpoint is wrong and trying to convince me of something about which I am unlikely ever to change my stance? The fact remains (and I notice you avoided the question): play your music to anyone you don't know, and I'm sure there's a high percentage of people who will give you a very negative reaction.