Music Banter - View Single Post - The Future of Prog looking forward, Grim?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
The problem is that one could argue that 'Progressive" means we have to leave the instruments in their cases and do all the music on a computer.

I struggle to see how this could be the case. I honestly dont' understand what they're saying. If they mean just make music on computer, fine, but that's electronic/ambient music, not prog rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Um. That's an interesting view on it, I guess.
I'm with this guy, as above. He MAKES his own instruments!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
The older generation that grew up on big band and classical music thought all rock music was silly and lacked serious musicianship. Bringing in trained musicians into rock did give the genre a new sense of validity to the older folks who wrote it off an just nonsense.
Again, I don't see what you're saying. You're advocating the idea that just because say Blackmore was classically trained that the older generation suddenly afforded him validity, and ignored the fact he wore leather trousers and had long hair, and played one of them eel-ek-tronic gee-tars instead of an upright bass like most normal folks??
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah. Like I said. Dumb. And I highly doubt any Frank Sinatra fans were that enthused about Yes.
x2