Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N Roses reunion confirmed
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
IvanMC
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil C. Thurston III View Post
Thal is indeed a great, great guitar player but I think he is truly satisfied with doing his own thing and being a hired gun from time to time. His wife is a physician, so he doesn't need the money, lol.
As for GNR in '92, sure, they were firing on all cylinders back then, the apex of their stardom. But also consider that you can see that in almost every single band that has ever existed- that climb, the apex, that decline- they never last forever, they don't always keep getting better and things fall apart much of the time. If you could have seen the Crosby, Stills & Nash I did in the early 70s compared to the one today, you'd think they were different bands. Neil Young/ Crazy Horse was phenomenal in the 80s, not so much this last tour. And if you saw Springsteen in '76 like I did, well, you might shake your head at today's Bruce. it's nature at work, and nature isn't always kind.
Black Sabbath in 2015 wasn't anything close to it in 1975. But I went because it was Black Sabbath!
Flawless appreciation, Basil C. Thurston III ! 100% in agreement. It would be pleasantly surprising if GNR made a new and first-class album. Literally first-class. I might have lost the plot entirely, but I think "Chinese Democracy" is a very good album! So, they could make some effort and write good songs again. However, we know that's probably not ever going to happen.
Black Sabbath: my favourite band - ever. I can listen to "The Writ" or "Laguna Sunrise" or "Snowblind" after so many years and still feel as good as a baby in its cradle.
Black Sabbath:
IvanMC is offline   Reply With Quote