Music Banter - View Single Post - What phone do you have?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #205 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Bumping because this seems to be the best place to post this.

I'm getting a new phone soon and I've decided on a Samsung. Does anyone here have any experience with specific models and if so, could you fill me in with their pros and cons? Technology baffles me.
Do you have any specific questions or features you want to know about and is there any reason you're set on a Samsung? The main selling point of the Samsungs in past models was that they offered expendable memory and removable batteries. The current models bucked that trend so you may as well just get one of the Nexus devices because they offer stock Android which Samsung doesn't (no bloatware, faster, immediate updates). Suppose it depends if you're getting current or last gen and what your budget is.

I've had one Samsung (Galaxy S2 which was a flagship and shit hot for it's time). Battery performance wasn't great and the build quality wasn't either (they have sorted this out now) but other than that it was good, though once I moved onto a Nexus (4) I knew I wasn't going back to a Samsung. The only issue with the Nexus 4 was the screen size (I like large screens for video watching/easier to type/read) but I've got a 6 now and it's perfect, no complaints. Nexus phones are fucking rapid btw.

Camera might be slightly better on the current Samsungs but it's a non issue really, Nexus ones are still very good, slightly slow when it comes to focusing in low light. If you shop around you should be able to pick up a 64gb Nexus 6 for under £300. The 6p is £450+.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote