Music Banter - View Single Post - What phone do you have?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #208 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
I'm looking at Samsung because (a) I know I can get a good purchase plan on one from my carrier and (b) my dad and a couple of my friends have Samsungs, and I really like their look/feel. But I'll have to look into Nexus.
Make sure you try using both options before you buy if you can. The Samsungs are good to use if you're going from a really old phone but if you get to compare the two you will notice a difference with the bloatware/TouchWiz vs the stock Android.

Also cos of the screen size, some people don't like anything over 5 inches. But there is the Nexus 5X as well which is 5 inch.

Quote:
Feature-wise, my priorities are the basic call/text, music (Spotify, Last.fm, etc.), Kindle, email, web browser, and decent audio/video recording. Anything else is a bonus. But the more indestructible the better.
These ones here are down to what apps you'll use.

There are loads for music but I use Google Play Music at the moment because I have a three month trial, you can scrobble to Last.FM with the app. All of it is fine.

Media player - VLC
Email - Outlook app
Browser - Chrome

Re: build quality/looks, unless you're getting the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S6+ (so the current models basically) the Nexus will come out on top for this. The new Samsungs are probably nicer to look at but they have glass backs so RIP your phone if you drop it.

Quote:
I've got about $200 Canadian to start with, but I'll probably be getting a job soon to add to that, plus my parents will be chipping in some.
Should be able to get a flagship then if you save well
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote