Music Banter - View Single Post - What phone do you have?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #209 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
I'm looking at Samsung because (a) I know I can get a good purchase plan on one from my carrier and (b) my dad and a couple of my friends have Samsungs, and I really like their look/feel. But I'll have to look into Nexus.

Feature-wise, my priorities are the basic call/text, music (Spotify, Last.fm, etc.), Kindle, email, web browser, and decent audio/video recording. Anything else is a bonus. But the more indestructible the better.

I've got about $200 Canadian to start with, but I'll probably be getting a job soon to add to that, plus my parents will be chipping in some.
Be aware that if you get Spotify on a mobile it seems impossible to upgrade to Premium, even if you are already Premium: it doesn't recognise you. And then you are stuck with Shuffle Play all the time. Don't know how important that is to you, and I don't know if it's all phones, but my Galaxy S4 acts like this and forums I've checked all say Spotify couldn't give a **** and ignore all messages, so it's unlikely to be addressed.

Edit: glass back can be sorted by getting a hardcase cover. As for Google Play, it won't. Not on my phone, and I'm told Android in general has a problem with it.