Music Banter - View Single Post - Mon journal politique
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

My Political Philosophy: Introduction

I have decided to something completely different from my first intention.

Politically I have no idea where I stand on the political spectrum anymore, so I am going to begin on a years long journey of researching every moral, social and cultural issue to come to a consensus as to what I would identify myself as.

In other words I am now officially a blank slate with no presuppositions or judgments on any topic. (whether it be abortion, the economy, gun control, immigration, Palestine, ect)

(Hence the paragraphs I wrote above was an observation, not an endorsement, as was Frum's article)

When I am done it is possible I could come out as a revolutionary Marxist, a reactionary neo fascist, or even a theocratic Islamist...though not likely

Since much of one's political outlook is shaped by their view on human nature (indeed if there is such a thing, my first topic shall be...

Human Nature:

I shall research to see if I decide there is such a thing and to discover the most important thing...is man predisposed to be good or evil?

I therefore will be looking at scientific studies on human behavior cover selfishness versus co-operation, altruism, individualism, collectivism ect

If anyone therefore has any scientific articles to share on this topic it would be appreciated. The only rule I have, is they have to come from a legitimate peer reviewed source.

Let the journey begin...
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote