Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 05:11 AM   #155 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
Is this going to move forward soon? Honestly the remaining sub-genres are all either redundant or silly. I mean has anyone listened to ten southern rock albums and want to spend time debating them?

I guess for completions sake Math Rock:
Hella - Hold Your Horse Is
Piglet - Lava Land
LITE - Filmlets
Shellac - At Action Park
This Town Needs Guns - Animals
Tera Melos - Tera Melos
Don Caballero - American Don
June of 44 - Tropics and Meridians
Battles - Gloss Drop
Faraquet - The View From This Tower
Thanks! I'm still a bit unsure when to start. I know people are excited for this, but I want to let Metal Album Survivor finish out before starting this one. That thread should be done or almost done within the year, so at some point mid-year I'll start this up. I will wait a few months yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
First of all: those choices for punk are a joke, and second do you want me to draft one up for post-hardcore?

Edit: Looked at it a little closer, it's fine for the most part but like half of it is 70's punk and that isn't okay. Needs variety.
You need to look a bit closer. Try using Ctrl+F on that page. We have Punk Rock, Proto-Punk, Post-Punk, Crust Punk, Synthpunk, and Hardcore Punk. So, Punk Rock itself is going to constitute the 70s punk mainly just because they don't fit into any of the other categories. If you have any suggestions, I'll look into them. And yes, if you can slide me a post-hardcore list, it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Oh, dudes. I can totally put one up for grunge!
**** you.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote