Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N Roses reunion confirmed
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #74 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That’s interesting because I always felt that Winger’s popularity had more to do with Kip Winger’s good looks than anything else. I’ve likewise never liked Winger and always rated them not just below Guns ’n’ Roses, but below Motley Crue and even Poison, down in Warrant/Cinderella territory. Winger may well have been more skilled with their instruments—though not to a degree that makes them interesting to listen to for me—but to me their songwriting is not even close to Guns ’n’ Roses. And being able to produce good music is ultimately the talent I care about with musicians.
I also found Winger pretty damn boring. I know they are considered to be very talented but it always felt pretty light on my ears. I would rank them below Cinderella also no joke. I felt Motley Crue and GNR always got lumped in with some crappy bands and they really were just rock n roll bands. Going back to your statement about them being good as a complete unit I think thats a very valid statement. They at one point had some really great material and constructed some pretty damn good songs.