Music Banter - View Single Post - The Refugee crisis
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #152 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I think when someone is "on the ground", as it were, at one of these events you have to cede authority to them. Calling it BS when the guy who LIVES THERE is telling you it isn't is a little conceited and ill-advised. If this had happened in Ireland and I was telling you guys about it and you said "Meh, sounds like something being blown out of proportion" I'd be pissed at yea. Give the guy the benefit of being the man on the spot and listen to him, and don't be overriding what are basically facts he's giving you more or less firsthand with your own, uninformed and unconfirmed interpretation of how you think it went down.
He's viewing it through the American media lens, as grindy alluded to earlier. The bias is so proliferated in our media that we're skeptical of everything except for what we already agree with (I mean, who would lie and be on my side? Nobody). Tbh when I saw the link Goofle posted I thought it was just some right wing clickbait as well.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote