Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan Geoff's Post-Hardcore Extravaganza
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Tiger's Jaw by Tiger's Jaw

Year: 2008

For some reason or other, this band is referred to as one of the practioners of "The Wave" post-hardcore movement, which is probably because they are closely related to those bands and share similarities with Title Fight's quieter material. Other than that they sound far from your Pianos Become the Teeth's and your Touche Amore's. Regardless, this is my journal and I can put whatever I want in it.

The album has a strong opening with "The Sun", which also happens to be the album's standout track. As it further progresses, we see the same formulas repeating, though they do the emo thing well, so I'll let it slide. All in all, it's a decent release. At it's high points, it really shows with it's beautiful, jangly guitar work and emotional vocals. At it's low points it still isn't bad by any means.

Thus, 7/10 will suffice.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail

Last edited by Tristan_Geoff; 01-06-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote