Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N Roses reunion confirmed
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Love Flex-able. 100% agree with Frownland about it and Vai. (mark your calendars folks!)

Beach's playing gets lost on way too many folks because of the Winger baggage BS. The dude is easily amongst the best of the slinger era guitarists technique wise (his melodic tapping is only rivaled by Vito Bratta and Steve Lynch). Plus as Plank noted he can reduce a fellow slinger to tears with his phrasing.

Many have heard this song as a joke but take a real listen to the main solo and then the outro. Un-freaking-believable stuff. Also a great showcase for Kip's vocals.

Its gonna remain lost on me. I find alot of the technique with two handed tapping to be boring and its all been done. I'd link Paul Gilbert as a better guitarist if I was to remain in the same genre of over technical players. I always preferred Tony Macalpine to all these guys being talked about. I think we have kind of got away from the original intent of the thread however as GNR really were never about technique and all about straight forward rock n roll.