Music Banter - View Single Post - The Elusive World of Post Modern Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Belgrado

tracklist
No Exit
Clockwise
In My Head
No Answer
Those Times
Dead Generation
Lies
Zapomnijmy
Koszmar
Visions Of Massacre

Belgrado ‎– Siglo XXl

tracklist
Sombra De La Cruz
Pałac Kultury
Jeszcze Raz
Świat Jest Nasz
Siglo XXI
Nie
Wake Up
Iluzja
Progress
The End
Automatyczny Świat

members:
Renzo - guitar
Fergu - bass
Jonathan - drum
Patrycja - vocals

Belgrado - Jeszcze Raz (Videoclip)

If I'm From Barcelona are from Jönköping, Sweden, then where do you expect Begrado to be from? (Knowing that Belgrade is the capital of Serbia.) If you guessed Barcelona, Spain ...then you're right.

Belgrado are described as Post-Punk, but there are elements of Punk, Goth, and Bat Cave in their sound. Their style has a lot of similarities between late70s/early80s bands like Bauhuas, Romeo Void, Xmal Deutschland (even early U2) and also with more current Post-Punk revival bands like Soviet Soviet, and Human Tetris. Belgrado play faster some bands and that energy keeps interest in the band going. Jeszcze Raz was the first song I heard by them and it was an oh-yeah-moment I knew I had to look into more of their material.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote