Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you like Beethoven's works?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky girl View Post
I like listening to Moonlight Sonata, Love Story, Fur Elise, "Pathétique" Piano Sonata in C minor, Violin Sonata No 5 in F Major - Spring, Coriolan Overture, Piano Sonata No. 21 - Beethoven, perf, Piano Sonata No. 23 - Beethoven, perf and The 9th Symphony.
Thanks to public radio, I heard Beethoven's Violin "Spring" Sonata No. 5 for the first time today. I enjoyed it immensely.

As I was listening to the piece, I thought to myself, "This must be by someone famous!"

Sure enough, when the announcer stated the name of the composer at the end, he *was* somewhat famous.

I was surprised that the sonata was by Beethoven, because its allegro and scherzo sections seemed much more playful than I had expected from him.

I especially like how the violin and piano have lighthearted conversations in movements I. allegro and III. scherzo:

Beethoven - Violin Sonata No. 5 "Spring"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote