Music Banter - View Single Post - How has MB influenced your taste?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

MB as a whole has definitely served and helped to broaden my taste into areas I would never have expected to venture into. Most of the credit for that must go to Batty and probably Frownland, who despite laughing at my taste has managed to have me sample, if not actually always (or ever almost) like the music he listens to. Batty has worked the hardest, trying to educate me to the finer details of metal, as well as a few other things, and with the launching of Metal Month three years ago I managed to branch out a whole lot more than I had expected or really intended to.

Recommendations, though, from people in the "Love or Hate?" thread have really opened my eyes to new artistes for me, and shown me there is value in music on which I would previously have placed none. Janszoon too must be congratulated for helping me get past death growls and allowing me therefore to enjoy some amazing music I would otherwise have missed. There have been a lot of people here who have influenced/helped broaden my taste, and though it's still what a lot of you would probably consider mainstream (or pussy) it's wider than it was before I joined here four years ago, so thanks to you all.