Music Banter - View Single Post - Is American Country Music really a big deal outside of the U.S.?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Both American Folk music and Country music has roots from the British Isles, Scandinavia and Europe. Well for who influences who (is Europe influence by American Country or vice a versa), I would say there is a bit back and forth. There are some influence I don't know much about the music scene in Europe.I've came across an Austrian Country singer, so there must be some Country fans there. Benny Andersson from Abba has an orchrestra, BAO. The band does song that I would consider sounding like American Country music but not with as a typical guitar band. I thinkthe music of BAO probably be considered as Schlager and Folk. Then there is First Aid Kit which has a nice old time Country style to them.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote