Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #2603 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Along with the end of the previous track, it's one of my favorite outros of all-time. I don't know if the guy would have changed it for the movie, but if not it would have been too overbearing. As a bookend to an extreme metal album it's great, though. So different than anything you would ever expect to hear, and really dark and unsettling. Goes kind of perfect with the general atmosphere of the album, though, as they're both so cold, misanthropic, and bleak in a way that I don't think I've ever heard from any traditional extreme metal band. I'd be curious to hear what the guy (Ander Bjorler) would do with a whole album of that stuff.

The guitar at the end was obviously not part of the original track, and the feedback was actually created by Anders and some other guy not in the band wrestling in front of two amps while holding their guitars. I love little tidbits about studio experimentation.

And while I know you don't give albums second chances, I'd suggest going back over the first two songs again. They're not really different from the others and are two of the strongest on the album. Perhaps you just hadn't "settled down" with the album before track 3 and would like them more with a second listen? It's not like I'm asking you to give an entire album you already didn't like a second chance, just one little bit of an album you already like.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote