Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Your Time by Massdistraction

Year: 2016
Genre: Death/Thrash Metal
Nationality: Swedish

The Review: What a neat thing the internet and youtube can be. If anyone follows Coverkillernation on youtube, I do obviously, he is one of the bigger names out there for metal reviews. I try everything he recommends due to his wide range of knowledge for the genre. This album was not on my radar whatsoever until his review came out. He praised it quite a bit, and thus I thought I would give it a shot. Your Time is a solid album through and through. It never has any inherently bad tracks on it at all. The guitar work and vocals create a chilling and abrasive atmosphere that is very well done. The musicians on this record are very talented and that talent shows. The lyrics are negative yet never corny or anything weird, in fact I thought they were well thought out and fit the mood. The soloing on this record is top notch. Very melodic and very powerful riffs are used throughout the album combined with punishing drum patterns. However the album isn't varied enough in the sense that it really is just solid track after solid track. No standouts on here. Yet no track is really weak. So its a tough album to review in that case. Tracks such as Your Time and the Human Worth are probably the best on the album if I had to pick any specific tracks. The reason for this is that I like the vocal delivery on these tracks way more than the others. Its just the riffing and soloing isn't exactly standout. A good album yet not a fantastic one. Massdistraction are relatively new and thus I am excited to see what comes next after hearing such a strong effort.

Your Time receives a 7.8/10

Standout Tracks: Your Time, The Human Worth

Weaker Tracks: Raising the Dead

Lets see where this goes and maybe we will have a modern classic in the near future. Sorry for the shorter review. I really couldn't think of much else to say.

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote