Music Banter - View Single Post - 2005: The Up/Down
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Yes, you can. Because whether you can do it or not, you can still tell when someone is good or bad at something. To use your own argument, I'm not an actor, but I can still tell when someone is a bad actor. I don't play sports, but I can still tell when someone isn't a very good athlete.
But you cannot determine these things as accurately as someone who is also very skilled at these things.
And trust me, half of all these actors and what not you see are professionals whether you like it or not, so they must be damn good to begin with.
Therefore, I do not concur with your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Jack_Davey
Resorting to violent talk on an internet message board is clearly the typing of a child. Grow up. Please.

As for all of this 'Jack White can't play guitar' crap, you've obviously never seen Jack play guitar. He is incredibly talented.. He is on this month's cover of Guitar World with Jimmy Page (that's Led Zeppelin, child).. Page praises Jack's creativeness.

I've been playing guitar for 11 years. I've seen the White Stripes 5 times. White is a ******* amazing guitarist. Period. Indisputable, listen to Ball And Biscuit or Death Letter. Don't **** on him, whether you think the album is well-done or not. By the time Jack was 15 he was more talented and well-mannered than yourself.

Alright man, I'm sure plenty of people have seen Jack White.
I saw them in a bar in Detroit with my dad when I was 8.
On another note, don't be a hypocrite.
No need to be patronizing.