Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #35798 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Well, tomorrow I have a meeting with the academic dean about my grade appeal for the class I failed (already went into that before), so I'm drinking and gaming to take the edge off so that I don't stress myself the **** out tonight. It's only my entire GPA at stake, so no pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Just found out the remaining 6 employees had to take a 50% pay cut!

They offered Linda 2 weeks severance pay if she'd sign an agreement that would basically completely prohibit her from networking or trying to find a job in this industry for 2 years. It also would require she agree to never be part of any legal proceedings against the company.

I told my boss about it and he said it's the type of agreements Wall Street bankers and oil executives get when they receive $50 million + buyouts.

She's not going to sign it and she's gonna call them and tell them she will if they pay her 2 years salary in cash up front.
Alright, I'm no Wallstreet exec, but that sounds like losing two years - two weeks pay. That sounds like pretty much the worst deal anyone has ever been given since slavery.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote