Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 AM   #262 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Okays.

But is the King Crimson entry correct? I realize In the Court of the Crimson King is the most recognized album, but who's with me that either Larks' Tongue in Aspic or Red deserves the spot?
If we're talking general prog rock, then Red all the way; it's one of a handful of albums I'd call perfect. And it's actually reasonably well recognised on RYM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd also like to question why The Who's Quadrophenia is in place of Tommy, quite possibly THE rock opera?
The fact that Tommy is a rock opera gives me more reason to hate it. I've just never got on with it. Quadrophenia, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Are either of those symphonic prog? Because I thought symphonic prog could possibly have a separate list. I decided against it since a lot of symphonic prog is already in the prog list and I don't think Technic's up to reordering half of that. We did just get done with prog.

I could never get into KC, but I don't think any album of theirs deserves more than Court, since I do believe it's the best. I can also write a symphonic prog list.

1. Yes - Close to the Edge (replaced with Fragile on the prog list since Close to the Edge steers more toward symphonic)
2. Camel - Mirage
3. Moody Blues Days of Future Passed
4. Kansas - Point of Know Return (Leftoverture is barely symphonic, Point is very symphonic.)
5. King Crimson - Lizard
6. Änglagård - Hybris
7. Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
8. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
9. Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado
10. Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
I'd replace Kansas and Transatlantic with some Genesis and an Italian classic.