Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #2615 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Which albums? And your opinions?
The Shadow Throne (3 Cleavers in The Meat Grinder) : "Musically I can really dig these guys. I get where they're coming from. It's my old bugbear again, death vocals, that's turning me a little from listening to more of their music. Satyr has the kind of voice that makes you think of nails scraping down a blackboard, but he can certainly play the guitar and he does a fine job on the keyboards on the last track. This was not nearly as bad as I had led myself to believe, and given that it's an early album and very clearly black metal I think I did ok with it. Nevertheless, this subgenre is never going to be my thing, but I wanted to make sure that there was something for everyone across the wide wonderful spread of heavy metal, so there's some black metal for yaz."

Note: The above reflects my attitude to BM back then, which has radically, I say radically changed.

Emperor I may have been wrong about. Can't find a reference in my journal, and the word crops up a lot, especially when you write an article on the French Revolution...