Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate the avatar above yours
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #11491 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That was pretty ****ing sweet. Loved the intro, but knew of course it would explode. Vocal was pretty cool actually. What was he singing? "My heart is broke?"
"My heart broke." Apparently it's about one of the singer's friends or family members committing suicide.

Quote:
Is that black metal? Metal Archives has nothing at all on Zao... Also, did you get a kind of Arabic feeling from the melody?
They're metalcore. Metal Archives just has a very elitist, exclusive policy towards allowing any band that can somehow be justifiably considered not metal, and the more derided the genre the more elitist they get.

I've seen discussions about metalcore bands that basically made it clear that if a band can be associated with hardcore, no matter how metal they might be, they will be blacklisted, and really it's just elitist nonsense. I'm sure there is some similar reasoning behind keeping pretty much any nu metal band off the site. Because allowing a Korn page will mean the end of the world obviously.

Oh, and 7/10. It's kind of a boring avatar, but I'm giving it an extra point because Watchmen.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote