Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of headphones do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #239 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I'm starting to feel the audiophile itch - the desire to upgrade my setup.

Headphones are easily the component for which an upgrade would yield the greatest impact to my listening experience.

90% of my listening is currently spent with my closed back circumaural Sennheiser HD380 Pro cans. I love the 32db passive cancellation, the comfort over extended periods of wear, and the neutral, accurate delivery of most classical, ambient, minimalist 20th century, drone, choral works, and other more delicate musics.

So I went on a hunt this evening (inspired by this thread) to see what fit the bill of the upgrade I was imagining. I wanted to see if there was a similar format of a monitor, with wood ear cups (for that regal look), in the ballpark of ~$600.

I know everyone goes for the Grado References at that price point, but the on-ear design would sacrifice comfort over my 8-hr nocturnal listening sessions and sound leakage would be an issue. Furthermore, I'm too neo-Victorian for the Grado Labs' minimalist aesthetic.

I'm seriously considering the AudioQuest Nighthawk headphones. They meet all of my specs and is from a trusted name in cables and portable DACs.

Has anyone in the thread tried them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote