Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #389 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Will you please calm down? The only reason I brought it back up was because people's stress seemed to tone down. You're the only one really getting agitated at something so small as a genre label. I don't care if it gets on the rock opera list or not. I just find it pointless to go through all of this arguing over one list, so I threw in my two sense when people started "discussing" again instead of "arguing." If you're as old as you say you are, then shouldn't you try to be a little more adult about this? I don't care how old you are, becase I spend a lot of time actually studying these things. I've done school reprts on music, I run a grunge wiki database, and I'm part of a rock based wiki, and you're the first person I've ever met who's ever said it wasn't a rock opera. You said you've never heard someone refer to it as that, but given you're history it almost seems like you've never really taken the time to discuss rock operas until recently.

Oh, yeah. And the links weren't specifically aimed towards you. Now you're telling me I'm still trying to argue, when that's not the case.
I don't need to calm down. I'm perfectly calm. I was, once again, just giving my opinion, since you seemed to be suggesting that RYM is the oracle of all knowledge and therefore you were right. I'm entitled to hold my opinion, and I say none of those albums are rock operas. A rock opera does not have to be a concept album, nor vice versa.

Anyway, I told you I no longer care. You're the one who keeps bringing it up when apparently it had been put to bed, so who's the adult now? I'll certainly respond to anything I feel is directed towards me, and your "Huh" did indeed seem like you were directing that comment at me.

I say again, if the creator of the album doesn't call it a rock opera then it really doesn't matter how many RYM drones do. If you want the subject dropped, just stop bringing it back up.

Tell you what: I'll just leave the thread for now and then we'll see if you can resist the temptation to bring it back up again. Go and do your punk screamo or whatever list, and just let this go.