Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #2661 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I think it's pretty impossible to hate this one.
I believe I would concur with that statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You might have heard this one. Hope you haven't.

Psychotic Waltz - Into The Everflow

Your hope is realised. I have not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythsofmetal View Post
I'm happy to see that you liked JANVS, I was expecting you to give it at least a love if not a true love, but it's still nice to see that your opinion ultimately sided on giving the album the better rating.

As a side note about an earlier rec, which I'm unsure if I mentioned before but had meant to at some point. The interlude in the song "Ressacs de l'Âme" from that Catuvolcus album which you were wondering about possibly being played by something like classical or Spanish guitar of some sort is actually played by the bass guitarist, to my knowledge. I just wanted to mention that because you were curious, as well as because knowing that could help give you extra appreciation for the interesting work put into that section of the album.

Here's my new rec, it shares some similarities to JANVS in that it has progressive/post-black metal as a key component of its sound, but this is more consistently metal and harsher than the JANVS album, although it also has its share of calm interludes and other stuff.

Grey Heaven Fall - Black Wisdom -- https://greyheavenfall.bandcamp.com/album/black-wisdom
Thanks man. I'm really beginning to look forward to your recs. (Now watch it all fall apart....)