Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #202 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Confessions of a Meta-Hipster: Episode III - Revenge of the Hip

Mini-episode this go-round. I've just received the three latest additions to my direct-to-garment printing project and it seemed as good a time as any for an update.

The graphic tee is a mainstay of fashion that just never seems to go away. There are to this day a number of quality websites specializing in cult graphic tees. But what could possibly be more hip than designing and printing your own graphics in tribute to your favorite musical icons?

I confess, I was apprehensive at first about reintroducing graphic tees into my wardrobe. I'd been wearing disco attire for years and I feared that I might lose credibility in a simple tee. Then I re-read that sentence and realized how absolutely absurd I was being and promptly went to work designing new iconic graphics with which to adorn myself.

Below is my black-band-tee paraphernalia at present.

Key for the Plebeians (from top left)
Cluster & Eno - s/t (1977)
Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk (1967)
The KLF - The White Room stencil (1991)
Analog Modular Synthesizer graphic
UML-type flow chart of synth operation
Moondog - s/t (1969)
Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman by the Tomato art collective (1994)
Brian Eno - Before and After Science (1977)
Klaus Schulze portrait
Lemon Jelly logotype by the Airside art collective

High-Res for Fanatics and Fetishists

There is one additional tee missing - Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Faulty Schematic of Ruined Machine [to scale]. The graphic is a hand-drawn illustration which accompanied my copy of their fantastically dark F# A# ∞ LP. The shirt is currently framed in my listening room.

I've also a bank of yet-to-print tees for whenever the mood strikes. A few examples:

...and many others, with more on the way. I'm also considering a Silver Apples print, a NEU! logo, Faust's So Far, Terry Riley, White Noise, a single-color print of BoC's Music Has the Right to Children, and other freaks of the industry.

And if you've any design ideas to contribute, I'd love to hear 'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote