Music Banter - View Single Post - RIP Glenn Frey, Eagles.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Well I guess you haven't read what I wrote, or much of the other conversation that followed. If you did then you would know that I brought up band politics in my first post, and that Trollheart rake me over the coals for it. And you know what? I hope he lays it into you like he did me for bringing such stuff up not merely a day after the man died. I hate to be in your shoes mister. you-> <- Trollheart

What I meant about "a bad word" was people talking bad about the band as in their musicianship, song writing abilities or bad performances in concert.
This is just stupid. I made it clear that I know there were issues with Frey, nobody denies that. What I had a problem with, as I explained to you, was your dismissive attitude towards him and your intimation that he intimidated people (hey! Good use of two almost identical words beside each other, huh?) ---- whether this was correct or not is not the issue --- and that you did it about six posts into his RIP thread, and less than an hour after it had been created.

I wouldn't take anyone to task over pointing out he was no saint BUT NOT AN HOUR AFTER THE THREAD WAS OPENED!

THAT's what I got a problem with!

("I think he means, that is a thing, with which he has a problem" --- Frasier)
Yeah I know I've used the quote before. Sue me.