Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I read it, but I don't really have the time or the energy to write an essay-length reply. Suffice it to say, I don't agree with some of the assumptions his argument is based on. I think it would be more helpful if people realized that there are issues that men have to contend with which need to be worked on just as there are issues that women have to contend with, and I think it's something that that society as a whole has an equal share in tackling.
I don't necessarily agree with every point either, but I thought it was, as usual with him, well written and thoughtful. Surely nothing deserving to go totally unnoticed in such a thread.

Pretty much my opinion on all such movements.
MRA, feminists, whatevs...
It usually just ends up with totally hypocritical fingerpointing.
Address and work on actual issues, not this broad we-are-discriminated-against-and-therefore-mad-and-everyone-owes-us stuff.
Once again, no offense to people who engage themselves in such movements. They often did change things for the better. Surely more than I ever did or will do.

Last edited by grindy; 01-20-2016 at 06:02 PM.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote