Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #65 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Default Backlogs of a Music Banterer

Backlogs of a Music Banterer

I have made no secret that I'm a heavy YouTube user. I've also made no secret that YouTube has been an extremely important vehicle in driving my collection to new heights the past several years. I am currently subscribed to 101 YouTube channels. These channels include labels, artist accounts, and unofficial channels as well. All of them are music channels, all of them upload new artists & music, and all of them are electronic-only.

Now, I have a "must listen to every upload" philosophy, knowing that life is going to get in the way from time to time, even if the music must go on. Of my active subscriptions for this week alone, I have only been able to get to 117 of 514 videos, which translates to about 22.76% of this week's total. I was several weeks behind before that, so I'm lucky to have caught up to this week as it is. So we're square, there have been no finds for 2016 releases as of this writing .

[Photo]: An example screenshot of one small block of subscription uploads.

When it comes to media entertainment, for me, music comes first. In fact, it is paramount. I have always said that I will continue to do this for as long as I feel that the effort rewards me. To be sure, the idea is that when I find a new artist on YouTube that I like, I can then add the name to my Pandora electronic station, helping me build it up even more. This means that there is an important, beneficial relationship between the two systems. Ultimately, I understand this, even though part of me knows I'm not going to want to keep this kind of YouTube volume up forever.

But I know what I know, and I know what I've previously found; it's that constant search for a song that resonates and makes me say, "**** yeah this is worth it," rather than "don't I have better **** to do?"

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote