Music Banter - View Single Post - RIP Glenn Frey, Eagles.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 05:09 AM   #82 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil C. Thurston III View Post
Oh, I misunderstood, thought that "taste" was the issue here. So, to sum up, it is absolutely acceptable to make dick jokes in a RIP thread but never to post your dissenting opinion about the person who just died. We must be respectful of the fans of the person who passed by withholding anything negative, or of questionable taste, but cock (and I suppose pussy, erection, child molestation or rape) jokes are perfectly fine. Got it. Makes sense.

No. To sum up, Basil: I first rendered my condolences on Frey's death. That bit is important. Remember that, okay? THEN someone posted about Springsteen. Those in the thread at this stage having already pretty much given their regrets on the man's death, it had now evolved into a tribute sort of thing, and then, with the Springsteen post, I saw a chance to make ONE effing joke, which happened to allude to dicks. It was a joke, got it?

So, to sum up again (I hope you're following this as you seem to have your own idea of what what I said means or represents): first, condolences. Second, more lighthearted stuff. You never joked about someone at their wake? "Ah remember he used to struggle with the concept of...?" etc. And then someone might make an off-colour joke, more or less unconnected to the subject, to lighten the mood a little and take everyone's mind off the darker subject of anyone passing.

You sure read a lot into one stupid joke. And yet, you don't seem to agree that it was in poor taste (sorry Neapolitan; I've let it go but our Basil here doesn't seem to want to, so I have to refer back to it. Nothing personal at this stage) to say uncomplimentary things about Frey so soon, yet you have a problem with a harmless joke?

Now who's ?