Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #421 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I have no problem with comics that are light on the action. When it's a comic-parody thing then a lack of action can actually be a good thing, since there's more time to concentrate on mocking the character aspects of superheroes. It's one of the things I love about Spider-Woman. If I want action-oriented lampooning then there's always Deadpool.

Oh, and I almost forgot about the perfect comic for you: The Superior Foes of Spider-Man. It's got light-hearted comedy, tongue-in-cheek action, great characters, and focuses on characters nobody on Earth has ever heard of.

Spoiler for big ****:

Ahahaha, fuckin' Shocker and Speed Demon! Honestly, I keep getting Superior Foes and also Spider-Gwen recommended to me. They're right up there with Spider Woman in terms of comics that I'll spider-buy when this spider-snow storm finally spider-fucks off.

And yeah, for the most part I agree that comics don't need to have constant action. Variety is good. There all kinds of comics for all kinds of people, with changing moods and tastes. And I love comedy mags, but it's no secret that I also love a good fight. Right now, I'm getting my action fix from a big book of '70s Defenders comics that I picked up awhile back for super cheap. So much random shit keeps happening to them. Valkyrie just inadvertantly started a prison riot, while Nebulon is keeping the others busy by trying to brainwash the world into putting on clown masks, and Ruby Thursday is running for president.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote