Music Banter - View Single Post - Were you (or are you) popular/unpopular in school?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 05:50 AM   #50 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
I s'd a bunch of d
Holy ****ing hell! Welcome back Steph! How are ya???!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Why is this such a hot topic for people? All you're doing is feeding into bull**** sensationalization of youth. Who ****ing cares.
Cos it's fun. Nobody is forcing you to share. Anyway, was it a school of salmon that bullied you? You can tell us...
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
...on the flipside who ****ing cares if people want to discuss their pasts? Pretty sure we're all talking about pretty major parts of our respective lives and its been interesting to read especially in cases of the members here I like
Yup. It's just for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
ftfy
Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
True. I just think the tone of the OP reads like a trope for every teen movie ever. It's silly. I didn't actually read past that.
Yes but that's how it usually is in real life. Lines are drawn at school. You like this band, you're in this clique, you don't you're out. You like football, we like you. You don't then go over there. And so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Yes, I agree. It's a great idea for a thread.
Most of us enjoy glancing back at our pasts, and even WD, despite the protests couldn't resist doing it.
I think the pleasure is threefold:-
i) fond nostalgia for many of us
ii)"The child is father to the man" so it's intriguing to think about who we were, and how that led us to who we are
iii) imagining the MB adults as our class companions, running around the playground, as I once did, in baggy grey shorts is too amusing to resist !
Oh-oh! Paedo alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
^^^

I just like talking about myself. Even if I'm describing when I was a socially unacceptable vagina who even people on this site would never tolerate.
What do you mean, "when I was"???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I didn't even know what you meant, I almost fail English in high school. I just like playing with the asterisk button you silly ****** ********.
You fail English? Unpossible!
Also, I love the bit when you say "I would go over his house". Are you really that tall that you can walk right over a building???