Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 11:08 PM   #35989 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Yeah, this whole fan of a team thing always strikes me as incredibly absurd.
I get being interested in the sport and enjoying a game for the skill displayed, but getting all worked up because you side with some team for totally arbitrary reasons? I can understand that it might make things more interesting, but how do you even do that?
Ask soccer fans all over Europe, Central, and South America. Or baseball fans in Japan or Cuba. It's common all over the planet. I grew up in Boston which is one of the biggest sporting hotbeds in the US and has been for generations. Sports were huge when I was a kid. Everyone played and everyone had their idols. It was just the way it was.

During my lifetime the 4 major Boston Sports teams have played in the big game 37 times and have won 25 championships.

If you don't get it that's fine. But I and many millions of others will continue to dig getting passionate about "our" teams.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote