Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Showdown (Round 5) - Alice In Chains vs Guns N' Roses
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Except for the fact that I don't like GNR, I will partially agree. Jar of Flies has some of the best songs ever recorded as far as I'm concerned ("Rotten Apple" to "No Excuses" is flawless). But the rest of their albums never quite measured up to their potential. I honestly think they would have been best playing more melodic tracks and less "grungey" songs. Even the best songs off Dirt, "Down in a Hole" and "Would", are proof of this. "Man in the Box" is the intense exception to this.
Yep, absolutely. I think they sounded their best doing depressing dirge-like music along the lines of "Rotten Apple", but they insisted on trying to rock out most of the time, which they kind of sucked at. Unlike you, really dislike "Man in the Box" so I have no examples of them rocking out successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But even when they were a less good, blues rock version of the Melvins they were still better than Guns N Roses.
You're wrong sir.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote