Music Banter - View Single Post - When bands don't play the song right...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #157 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Bit of high hopes there.

There was a clear difference from my perspective. He acted in a certain unfavorable way. He got called out for acting that way and then carrying on like he was the victim. He resorted to name calling and insults when nobody would agree that those involved were being harsh toward him for the way he was handling himself. I think that if you open that door to be treated the exact way Basil was treating others. Anything you get as a consequence of that kind of behavior is entirely justifiable to anyone who brought forth the consequences of how Basil was acting.

I don't think really any one person is bitchy. If people cannot handle a challenging opposing opinion from someone. Don't enter in to a conversation or a debate with them then. You sort of set yourself up for getting put on the spot. Some of us can be a bit too blunt sometimes. But why spare the feelings of someone if they can't handle an adult conversation? I don't want to hand hold in a manner of speaking when I talk to anyone here. If someone can't handle my opinion on something because they just want to be agreed with or can't subjectively talk about it or have an open mind to what I have to say when debating it. Well. It really is not my problem.
Why spare the feelings of someone? Because it's more important than proving a point. Remaining respectful and compassionate is boundless; it doesn't impress people in the same way that being rude or cutting or clever does, I know, but, nonetheless, it is infinitely more valuable.

We needn't all agree on everything. Far from it. Debate is wonderful. But it is possible to discuss, to disagree, argue even, without falling into disrespect.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote