Music Banter - View Single Post - When bands don't play the song right...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #160 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Why spare the feelings of someone? Because it's more important than proving a point. Remaining respectful and compassionate is boundless; it doesn't impress people in the same way that being rude or cutting or clever does, I know, but, nonetheless, it is infinitely more valuable.

We needn't all agree on everything. Far from it. Debate is wonderful. But it is possible to discuss, to disagree, argue even, without falling into disrespect.
There's a difference between sparing someone's feelings and letting them walk all over you. Let's not forget, it was he who skewed the thread in the direction of pointless and baseless insults. The guy went on as if he had all our numbers, had known us for years, and for someone to start telling you what they believe you are, when that is so far from the truth, is pretty insulting.

As CN says, he didn't even take what could be construed as any helpful criticism well. He had decided he was going to be the target and would not respond to anyone. In the end, his thread's idea was completely lost as it degenerated into namecalling, warnings and eventually a ban. Another successful MB thread, say I!

Seriously, I'd bet good money that if he comes back after his ban (which I don't think he will) it will be for any or all of the following reasons:

1. To pick up right where he left off, probably with something like "Oh I suppose you feel a big man having banned me, Frownland? Well you don't get rid of me that easily!" or somesuch

2. To pick a new fight

3. To act chastened for a short time before blowing up again

I don't see a personality like his changing and I don't see him fitting in here. But maybe I'm wrong: has to happen some time!