Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Band Do You Like The Most?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #153 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent
I think it's impossible to explain what's great about Tool- whereas other metal bands have started to bore me, I can still listen to Tool and be blown away. For some reason, Tool is a band a lot of people (myself included, at one point) become obsessed with, and I can't really figure out why. Sure, they're talented musicians and all of what Merkaba said, but even if you don't bother to notice any of that the music is still so strangely compelling. Either you just have to get into it, or maybe it just affects certain people.

Maybe it's subliminal messages. That would explain why I went on a frenzy and bought every Tool album I could find.
Well, 1st you can start by mentioning Danny Carey!!!Danny Carey is a great drummer!!!
On your part of being "obsessed"...
...well, that's understandable too!!!Sometimes people get so excited when a band comes out and, although they like other bands still, this band really "satisfies" them most at the time!!!I was a BIG fan of Nirvana years ago, but I wouldn't called it being "obsessed", I just loved the band the most!!!I still like the band to this day, but I also include many other artists in my list of favorites, ya see?Talk later, cheers!!!