Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #2058 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
That was.. surprisingly good. The beat is great and her hooks are ok though some are annoying like that ratatat hook. The Queen Kwong track was way better AND she's cuter than Ke$ha.

Idk if i would call myself a fan yet, im just getting into that kinda music. It used to sound too progressive to me but lately im developing a taste for it.
Interesting. It sounds like they were going for an early-20th century sound, and this is evident by what I'm hearing to be simulated radio static. The addition of electronic sounds works well with the instruments, and the vocals are crisp and clear; the vocalist has singing ability. This could have easily come across as dated, but the band is able to avoid that. The one downside is that it meanders in places, IMO, and I feel like they didn't have to do that with what they had.

7.5/10.

Trying this again since it was skipped/not reviewed. Russian singer Eduard Anatolyevich Khil's "I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home" would remain in relative obscurity until it was popularized as an Internet meme in the early 2010s. Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Khil

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote