Music Banter - View Single Post - The Scrap Heap
Thread: The Scrap Heap
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #147 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Before I start this, I'd like to say one thing. I wanted to write an in-depth, track-by-track review, but Spotify is currently failing to recognize Canada as a country and thus I can't listen to the album in order, meaning I'm forced to review from memory. Anyway...

I'd narrowed the first day's submissions down to four candidates and was debating over which to review. Then I noticed a new post in my thread. I tried out the recommendation and was absolutely stunned. While I legitimately enjoyed every single one of your recommendations (except for Linkin Park ), there was no doubt in my mind that this was the album to review.

Misophone - Where Has It Gone, All the Beautiful Music of Our Grandparents? It Died With Them, That's Where It Went...
chamber folk, psychedelic folk, indie pop
recommended by grindy

First, let me say what an awesome cover that is. It reminds me of Jules Verne.

I absolutely loved this from beginning to end. The lyrics relaxed me and, quite honestly, took me to another world, one of days gone by. The sea themes running throughout were beautiful. I picked up a strong German vibe, and since Bavarian beer is mentioned in one of the songs, I'm going to assume that's intentional, although the band is apparently British. Lovely accordion and piano. This brought back vivid memories of my visit to Germany a couple years ago--thanks, grindy. It was a beautiful experience and the band is now my second most played artist of 2016. I'm sure you can guess who #1 is.

Standout tracks: White Waves, Deluded and Obscene, You Can't Break a Broken Heart, Turning Hay in the Fields, Petroleum Lampa

Thanks for all the recs, guys. The next review might be slightly delayed until Spotify gets their act together.