Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #2727 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I find Dawkins a little annoying to be honest. He is as much a zealot as any of the religions he criticises. He is to atheism what Germaine Greer is to feminism.
I keep hearing those things about Dawkins and never quite know where they're coming from.
Admittedly I've never actively sought out any videos or books, so I'm pretty uneducated about him, only see and read some stuff here and there.
But I don't think the sole fact of being sarcastic and facetious in such discussions is particularly bad or wrong. And I don't think religion and atheism are in any way equivalent, just as flat earth theory and...I guess... reality(?) aren't, so apparent zealotry on his part weighs much less for me anyway.
I'd be interested to witness instances of him being the dick he is made out to be though. But no 2h videos please.

As for the actual topic at hand: Yeah, that's ****ed up. And the video is pretty funny and spot on (for some at least).

Last edited by grindy; 01-29-2016 at 07:35 AM.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote