Music Banter - View Single Post - Key Change
Thread: Key Change
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
OccultHawk's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033

Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't know if there's a name for it but in Pink Floyd's Nile Song it sounds like they use a kind of ascending key change every verse.

So I was just wondering if there is a name for that and what other songs use it?
Nice observation.

The chord progression is a series of modulations, beginning at A, and then rising a whole step with each repeat, cycling through six different keys, returning to the starting point of A, and continuing the pattern as the song fades out
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote