Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #205 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Revolution Starter Kit

I've just returned from antiquing escapades with my lady friends and brought home several groovy treasures!

I picked up my first-ever Pharoah Sanders record - a mint first press of the legendary Karma LP featuring "The Creator Has a Master Plan."

I also snagged original copies of Jimmy McGriff's deeply-funky Soul Sugar LP...

...and a newly traded in first press of The Jesus and Mary Chain's noise pop debut, Psychocandy from 1985.

I also snagged original copies of Jimmy McGriff's deeply-funky Soul Sugar LP and a newly traded in first press of The Jesus and Mary Chain's noise pop debut, Psychocandy from 1985.

Before I left I also grabbed a clean copy of The Trouser Press Guide to 90s Rock - a mammoth oversize reference text of 2300 of the greatest punk, grunge, indie-pop, techno, noise, avant-garde, ska, hip-hop, new country, metal, roots, rock, folk, modern dance, and world music recordings from the decade of my high school years.

It's the first time I've considered buying a critical text on rock music (I usually prefer 20th century classical and jazz), but this seemed an excellent starting point.

AND as a nifty bonus, from the Devil's Library section of the antique mall I picked up a (R)evolution: A Journal of 21st Century Thought zine from The Anarchists of Chicago in the early 1980s which features a piece by Aleister Crowley.

‪#‎sh*tyoucantbuyatthemall‬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists

Last edited by innerspaceboy; 01-31-2016 at 01:08 PM.
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote